Arrows by Melissa Gorzelanczyk
Summary: Aaryn, son of Cupid, was supposed to shoot both Karma and Danny but found out too late that the other arrow in his pack was useless. And with that, Karma’s life changed forever. One pregnancy confirmed. One ballet scholarship lost. And dream after dream tossed to the wind. A clueless Karma doesn’t know that her toxic relationship is Aaryn’s fault . . . but he’s going to get a chance to make things right. He’s here to convince Danny to man up and be there for Karma. But what if this god from Mount Olympus finds himself falling in love with a beautiful dancer from Wisconsin who can never love him in return?
Things I predict will happen when you read this book:
1) You will want to punch Danny. Often. Seriously, rarely have I felt so violent toward a fictional character. He is a detestable and unfortunately entirely realistic villain.
2) You will be pulling for Karma to wake up and realize what an abusive relationship she’s in.
3) You will recognize the dynamics of Karma and Danny’s relationship and be reminded uncomfortably of that one friend who just can’t be convinced that he’s wrong for her.
4) You’ll experience a strange craving for cheese curds.
5) You’ll call into question the entire bureaucracy of Eros and his arrows. Oh, wait, that’s Aaryn, son of Eros. But I bet you’ll dig him too.
6) You may be tempted to write fanfiction due to how much you want to see Karma punch Danny in the face.
ARROWS is a fun and fresh take on Greek mythology and teen romance. And it’s out now!