Purchase a critique to get your work submission-ready! You’ll receive a detailed critique with line edits, comments, and overall feedback.
- Query letter critique: $25
- First manuscript page critique: $25
- Picture book manuscript critique (up to 1500 words): $45
- Synopsis critique: $60
- 10-page manuscript critique: $75
- Longer manuscript critiques: $150 per 50 pages or fraction thereof
- Brainstorming call: $75 for up to 45 minutes
- Each critique includes one pass.
- “Manuscript” refers to a properly formatted manuscript using 12 point font, 1-inch margins, and double-spacing.
- Query letters and synopsis may be single-spaced.
New! Try a Brainstorming Call!
Sometimes you need feedback on a story idea or a specific aspect of a manuscript in process. Enter the brainstorming call! You submit up to 10 pages of material in advance to help me understand what you’re trying to work through in your story. (Depending on your specific issue, the material you submit may a query letter, a synopsis, manuscript pages, or an outline.) Then we chat live via Skype, Hangouts, or Google Duo to hash it out. A brainstorming call can help you work out a knotty plot problem, identify the core of your story, or figure out where to go with a tough edit. Pricing: $75 for up to 45 minutes
- For fees up to $50: Upfront payment required.
- For fees of $51 and above, a 50% deposit will be required upfront, with the balance due upon receipt of completed critique.
- Credit card payments accepted online through PayPal or Square. Venmo also accepted.
For query letter critiques, first manuscript page critiques, and picture book manuscript critiques, you will receive your completed critique within two weeks or less. For synopsis critiques and other manuscript critiques, turnaround time will vary depending on my other projects and deadlines. When you fill out the form below to arrange your critique, I will respond with an honest estimate of turnaround time based on the length of your critique and the other projects on my plate at the time.
Book a critique:
Fill out the form below to get started!