What a wild October it’s been so far! My house has been on the market for nearly a year, and it finally sold – with less than 2 weeks to pack everything up and move out! I am so grateful to the friends and family members who have rallied behind me to help pack everything up, move it out, and offered soft places to land while we wait to get into our new place.
Suffice it to say, last weekend looked a lot like this:
I just finished up the fourth and last book in the Chronicles of Cavallon series (publishing in German as Clans von Cavallon under the pen name Kim Forester). Working on this series has been a wonderful experience, and I will miss my centaur, unicorn, pegasus, and kelpie friends. The first two books are out now.
Critique Services Now Available
I’ve also decided to hang up my shingle to offer query letter, synopsis, and manuscript critiques. Check out my critiques page for more information and rates.
The Great ASL Mystery
- Cascades Library (Potomac Falls, VA): Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 4 PM
- Rust Library (Leesburg, VA): Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 4 PM
- Purcellville Library (Purcellville, VA): Saturday, November 9 at 3 PM
- Gum Spring Library (Stone Ridge, VA): Wednesday, November 13 at 4 PM
- Ashburn Library (Ashburn, VA): Tuesday, November 26 at 4 PM
Where did American Sign Language come from? Flex your fingers and join in the hunt for clues as sign language detective Kathy MacMillan leads silly stories, songs, and more. Kathy is the author of Nita’s First Signs and Little Hands and Big Hands: Children and Adults Signing Together. More info at https://library.loudoun.gov
The SIGN-a-Long Sing-a-long
- George Mason Regional Library (Annandale, VA): Saturday, November 2 at 10:30 AM
Teach your fingers how to sing as we explore American Sign Language through music and stories! Bring the whole family for the hands-on fun as signing (and singing) storyteller Kathy MacMillan, author of Nita’s First Signs and Little Hands and Big Hands: Children and Adults Signing Together teaches you to sign some of your favorite songs.