Little Hands Signing Professional Development: Lovey Dovey Signs
Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 2 PM Eastern/1 PM Central/12 PM Mountain/11 AM Pacific
1 hour, Online via Zoom
Add some American Sign Language to your storytime toolbox! In this interactive session, we’ll focus on basic ASL vocabulary for love and friendship storytimes. Learn how to incorporate ASL into storytime songs, rhymes, and stories in a respectful and effective way. Includes 30 days of recording access. Certificate of completion available upon request with successful completion of post-test.
- Individual: $40 (includes live webinar and recording access for 30 days after the live event)
- Group rates available for groups of 10 or more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Optional Add-on: Individualized video feedback: $25. Submit a video (up to 10 min) demonstrating your planned signing activities for storytime and receive individualized feedback on sign choices, production, and more from Kathy MacMillan via return video within 14 days. Must be used within 6 months of purchase.
Register for the 2022 Little Hands Signing Professional Development Series 1 Season Pass and save! You’ll get live webinar access to 6 theme-based webinars (including this one) PLUS extended recording access for the entire series through August 31, 2022. Season Pass is $200 per person and includes:
- Winter Signs: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 2-3 PM Eastern
- Lovey Dovey Signs: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 2-3 PM Eastern
- Spring Signs: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 2-3 PM Eastern
- Weather Signs: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 2-3 PM Eastern
- Ocean Signs: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 2-3 Eastern
- Summer Signs: Thursday, June 2, 2022, 2-3 PM Eastern
About the Instructor:
Kathy MacMillan is a nationally certified American Sign Language interpreter, librarian, and storyteller. She is the author of the Little Hands Signing series from Familius Press, Little Hands and Big Hands: Children and Adults Signing Together (Huron Street Press) as well as many other books for children, teens, librarians, and educators.