Join us for weekly interactive “annotated storytimes” that teach basic American Sign Language vocabulary and demonstrate how to use the signs in storytime activities and the early childhood classroom. Each session will focus on specific thematic vocabulary:
- Thursday, October 8, 11 AM-12 PM Eastern: School and Library Signs
- Thursday, October 15, 11 AM-12 PM Eastern: Playtime Signs
- Thursday, October 22, 11 AM-12 PM Eastern: Safety Signs
- Thursday, October 29, 11 AM-12 PM Eastern: Our Signing Day
- Thursday, November 5, 11 AM-12 PM Eastern: People Signs
Children of participants are welcome to join for the first 40 minutes. The final 20 minutes will consist of lecture and Q&A. Presenter Kathy MacMillan is a nationally certified American Sign Language interpreter, librarian, and storyteller. She is the author of the Little Hands Signing series from Familius Press, Little Hands and Big Hands: Children and Adults Signing Together (Huron Street Press) as well as many other resources books for librarians and educators. Certificate of completion for each webinar available upon request with successful completion of post-test.
Because each webinar series is theme-based, each series stands alone. It is not necessary to have taken Series 1 or 2 in order to get the most out of Series 3!
Individual registration: $200 for the 5-webinar series. Group rate: $1500 for 10 people for the 5-webinar series.
- 30-minute one-on-one coaching session: $30. A one-on-one Zoom session with Kathy MacMillan to receive individualized feedback on your planned signing materials for storytime or the classroom – planned around your schedule! Includes recording access. Must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- Individualized video feedback: $20.Submit a video (up to 10 min) demonstrating your planned signing activities for storytime and receive individualized feedback on sign choices, production, and more from Kathy MacMillan via return video within 14 days. Must be used within 6 months of purchase.