My upcoming book She Spoke: 14 Women Who Raised Their Voices & Changed the World was featured on Book Riot’s “30 Must-Read Diverse Children’s Books From The First Half Of 2019” – and it’s in great company! Check out the list here.
What’s that? You haven’t pre-ordered She Spoke: 14 Women Who Raised Their Voices & Changed the World yet? It comes out March 1, and you can pre-order at these links:
Friday, February 1, 2019, 6:00 – 8:00pm: Book signing at Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt, 2159 York Rd, Timonium, MD 21093
Come on in to purchase signed copies of Nita’s First Signs, Little Hands and Big Hands: Children and Adults Signing Together, Sword and Verse, and Dagger and Coin! Make a sign language craft and learn to write your name in the language of the gods. Purchase a book and receive 20% off your Sweet Frog yogurt purchase! All book sale proceeds support Deaf Camps, Inc.’s scholarship fund.
Saturday, February 16, 2019, 12:00 – 3:00pm: Multi-author Event at Books-A-Million, 351 Montrose Ave, Laurel, MD 20707
Join me and other members of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators for a literary celebration! Purchase signed books and play games like book bingo, pin the book on the shelf, crazy guessing games, and more with these Read Local Challenge authors:
- Lauren Abbey Greenberg, author (The Battle of Junk Mountain)
- Deborah Kalb, author (John Adams and the Magic Bobblehead)
- Kathy MacMillan, author (Nita’s First Signs, Sword and Verse, Dagger and Coin)
- Jonathon Roth, author/illustrator (Beep and Bob: Too Much Space!, Beep and Bob: Party Crashers, Beep and Bob: Take Us to Your Sugar, Beep and Bob: Double Trouble)
- Deborah Schaumberg, author (The Tombs)
Sing, sign, play, and learn basic American Sign Language in these fun, hands-on storytimes for the whole family. Children 3 and under must be accompanied by an adult caregiver. All are welcome! Free programs; no registration required. Location: Eldersburg Library, 6400 West Hemlock Drive, Eldersburg, MD 21784
- Friday, February 22, 2019 at 10 AM: Weather Signs
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:45 AM: Our Signing Day
For more information, see library.carr.org