May 17-18, 2018 at the Maritime Conference Center (Linthicum Heights, Maryland)
OK, so I might be a little biased about how awesome this conference is, as I am one of the organizers!
But, seriously, look at this faculty! (Full bios)
- Opening Keynote: James Ransome
- Closing Keynote: Hena Khan
- Editors: Stacey Friedberg (Dial), Celia Lee (Scholastic/Cartwheel)
- Agents: Quressa Robinson (Nelson Literary Agency), Penny Moore (Empire Literary)
- Art Director: Laurent Linn
- Authors and Illustrators: Raúl Colón, Pintip Dunn, Meg Eden, Laura Gehl, Maria Gianferrari, Tamara Girardi, Leah Henderson, Carollyne Hutter, Megan Wagner Lloyd, Sue Macy, John Micklos, Jr., Courtney Pippin-Mathur, Laura Shovan, Meera Trehan, Lakita Wilson
And look at all the cool stuff that is available to conference registrants!
- Schedule a session with a headshot photographer during the conference and get a professional author photo for only $40!
- Have your book stocked in the conference bookstore and participate in our Saturday signing!
- Promote your 2017 or 2018 release through our conference slideshow!
- Sign up for a manuscript critique, portfolio review, or social media consultation!
- Drop-in Query or First Page Critique Booth for only $10!
And look at these amazing breakout and workshop topics!
- Writing Like an Illustrator & Illustrating Like a Writer (Laurent Linn)
- Query Letters (Penny Moore)
- Marketing and Promotion Forum (moderated by Kathy MacMillan)
- In the Trenches: From the Query to the Call (Leah Henderson, Courtney Pippin-Mathur, Maria Gianferrari, John Micklos, Jr., moderated by Meera Trehan)
- Social Media’s Role in Your Book Journey (Lakita Wilson)
- The Art of Daydreaming (Raúl Colón)
- First Looks Panel (Raúl Colón, Laurent Linn, James Ransome, moderated by Rebecca Evans)
- Their Voice, Their Perspective: Writing Cross-Cultural Stories We All Deserve (Leah Henderson)
- Facts Can Be Fun: Writing and Selling Nonfiction (John Micklos, Jr.)
- The Online Pitch Contest Phenomenon (Tamara Girardi, Laura Shovan, Meg Eden, Pintip Dunn)
- Getting Gritty: Dealing with Dark Subject Matter in YA, MG, and Picture Books (Stacey Friedberg)
- Research Tips Every Nonfiction Writer Needs To Know (Sue Macy)
- And Still We R(ev)ise (Laura Gehl, Carollyne Hutter, Megan Wagner Lloyd, Sue Macy, Lakita Wilson, Moderator: Suzanna Banwell)
- The Market of Picture Books (Celia Lee)
- Agents and Editors Panel with Stacey Friedberg, Celia Lee, Penny Moore, and Quressa Robinson
- Developmental Editing: Being Your Own Editor (Quressa Robinson)
- A Rhapsody of Color (Raúl Colón)
- Exploring Your Illustration Style (Laurent Linn)
- First Pages Plus (Stacey Friedberg and Penny Moore)
- Picture (Book) Perfect
You’re convinced, right? Well, don’t delay! Register here today!